Monday, June 14, 2010

Strawberry Jam









A while back my neighbor, down the street, wanted to make a deal with me. He had the nice plum tree and asked if he provided the supplies, would I make him some Jam and I'd keep 1/2 and he would get 1/2 of the finished product. Since I don't mind making Jam, I agreed. One day I received a 5lb bag of sugar and a few days later I'd gotten a dozen pint jars delivered to my door. Every few days I'd get a few ripened plums and now I have about 4 cups of fruit. My recipe calls for 6 cups. I'm not sure how long the fruit will stay fresh. Not wanting to disapoint my neighbor (he really loves Jam) I tried to buy some additional plums, at the store, but could not find any.

So I decided to make some Strawberry Jam. I had all the supplies except the berries. Today I made four pints of straweberry Jam and I have enough Strawberries for another batch. Yes, it's yummy!

I will try to make the plum jelly with what fruit I have available, I'm hoping it will set o.k. but I 'll do the best I can.

3 comments:

  1. I loves me some strawberry jam. The covers on your jars are really pretty. You did a great job!

    Can I have that red pot? You know my address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't have my red pot. It matches the red knobs on my kitchen cabinets. So if I give you my pot I'd have to change all the knobs! Jar lid covers are on my Etsy shop (-: I think they add a touch of country to the jam jars.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a southern woman with a country heart. I am fortunate to live in West Tennessee during the Summer months and South Florida in the Winter. My heart is in the simple life of country living. I look forward to Spring each year when I can return to cotton farming country of West Tennessee. My hobby and passion is sewing, quilting and creating art in pencil, ink and watercolor.