Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good Friends


We are blessed to have great friends with big hearts. Our friend, Don, graciously gave up a day and helped us retile part of our shower and fixed a mess caused by a leak. We couldn't have done it without him. We took him and his wife to a seafood lunch today and as a treat I fixed one of Don's favorite desserts. I call it Chocolate Delight. It consists of four layers of yummy goodness:

Layer one: 1 Cup self-rising flour, 1 stick butter, not margarine, 1 cup chopped pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar. Blend all and press in bottom of 13X9 pan. Bake for 10 to 15 min. Remove from oven and let cool

Layer two: 8 oz cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 of 13 oz cool whip
Beat cream cheese and sugar together, add cool whip, mix well, spread on top of layer 1, crust.
Layer three: 2 pkg (small) instant chocolate pudding; 2 1/2 cups milk
Beat together untill thickened, a few minutes
Spread on top of layer two, cream cheese

Note: for thicker chocolate layer use 3 boxes of pudding and 3 3/4 cup milk
Fourth layer: top with remaining cool whip and sprinkle with chopped pecans if desired.

Enjoy!



















4 comments:

  1. your sister sent me over. I don't know why. Oh, now I remember I want to win the gift tag you made. Your sister is great fun, I go there when I need comic relief...but dont tell her that I said that. I am a sewer too, so I invite you to come visit me. I'm off to visit your etsy. Welcome to bloggyland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Dava - Michelle sent me. :D The dessert sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy! And I love the picture of Popeye and the laptop! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dava, you do need to go visit Colourdujor site. I meant to send you her link to check out her stuff. Very nice.

    I am with Genevieve, the photo of Popeye is the funniest photo!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a southern woman with a country heart. I am fortunate to live in West Tennessee during the Summer months and South Florida in the Winter. My heart is in the simple life of country living. I look forward to Spring each year when I can return to cotton farming country of West Tennessee. My hobby and passion is sewing, quilting and creating art in pencil, ink and watercolor.