Friday, January 8, 2010

Hand Bag Project


I am starting a new sewing project. I have chosen a cute Simplicity handbag pattern. The pattern is designed for three different sizes, Sm, Med & Large. I chose the medium size. It consists of 4 contrasting fabrics, light interfacing, fleece interfacing, buckram, and a 10" zipper. The Buckram (a stiff interfacing which will give the bag a nice shape) was hard to find locally so I mail ordered it. The pattern called for a 12" zipper and then stated to cut two inches off, not wanting to cut a good zipper, I mail ordered a 10" Handbag zipper with a larger pull. This should be a fun project. Check back in a few days as I will chart my progress in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a southern woman with a country heart. I am fortunate to live in West Tennessee during the Summer months and South Florida in the Winter. My heart is in the simple life of country living. I look forward to Spring each year when I can return to cotton farming country of West Tennessee. My hobby and passion is sewing, quilting and creating art in pencil, ink and watercolor.