Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Sister


My sister has asked that I post about her. (yes, she actually asked me to talk about her) so here goes. She is two years, minus six days, older than me. We have always gotten along very well except on those occasions when she misbehaved. I, on the other hand, have never misbehaved (cough, choke). I have always looked up to her from the very beginning of our time on this lovely planet and thank God often for her in my life, as well as, my other siblings. I honestly cannot imagine my life without them. Before my dear sis gets to full of herself, I will just mention an old memory. I had a small stuffed tiger that I dearly loved. Once in the middle of the night, I realized the wisker's fell out of his little stuffed head. All in tears, I went to my big sis, woke her from a sound sleep and asked her to "fix" my dear tiger. Without complaint, she proceeded to try to stuff the wiskers back in the poor tiger's head. I don't believe her efforts worked but I was satisified she did all she could do. (-: Now, with Christmas just past, I will share a few ornaments she has given me, which adorn my tree every year. The little red skates, she made herself, I have a second pair in green. I love birds so she sent me a bird, nest and three eggs. I ususally drop the eggs and as they are rolling around beneath the tree with me in fast pursuit, I silently thank my dear sis for the birdnest ornament. The third is a Christmas Porcupine, I have no comment on that one, I just consider where it came from. Love you sis.

11 comments:

  1. Um, I don't remember the porcupine. Your non-favorite sister must have given that to you. Is that all the ornaments I have ever given you? Geez, I'm a lousy sister.

    I'll be posting about you in a couple of days. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K. I have been informed by both sister's that my other sister gave me the porcupine. I have been given many ornaments over the years and have forgotten who gave me what. I did get the other two right, oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL You are so funny! Well, I like your ornaments, and your little story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!! I"m a firend of your sisiter and thus had to introduce myself and say "hi".....will check out your shop on etsy.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, why aren't our names showing up by our comments?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Applie's Sister....I love the luggage tag that Applie sent me that you made. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your names are showing up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope, they are blank, but I can click on the space where they name should be and it works. I don't know what you have messed up, but you really did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dava!

    I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your and your sister's ramblings about each other and all your memories. God bless you both and I pray He will give you many, many more years of great memories!
    Love
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dava, I'm Michelle's homeschool friend for going on 8 years. We first met at a yahoo group that I had a long time ago. She's got to be the most normal person that I know. =}

    I hope that you have much success in your business! =)

    The name links aren't showing because the link color for those links is the same color as the background color. It'd be in the css. =) The color is #6f3c1b.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mystery solved. Simple color change fixed the problem. Even my dear older sister didn't figure that out. Thanks Donna!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a southern woman with a country heart. I am fortunate to live in West Tennessee during the Summer months and South Florida in the Winter. My heart is in the simple life of country living. I look forward to Spring each year when I can return to cotton farming country of West Tennessee. My hobby and passion is sewing, quilting and creating art in pencil, ink and watercolor.