Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hand Bag Continued


Hello dear readers, yep that means both of you (-:

Today was very cold for South Florida so I spent the day inside. I managed to get my new project under way. I have selected my fabrics from the Forever Love Series by Heidi Grace. The colors are blue, brown and white. Referring to the pic , the light blue will be the lining and inside pocket. The spotted dark brown will the the outside bottom and sides, with the lighter white/brown fabric being the main outside front, back and top of bag. The small dark brown piece, in the center, will be the outside pocket and the long narrow brown pieces will be the strapes. There are eight pattern pieces and 18 total fabric pieces to assemble.
I am sure you are anxiously awaiting the next step so I will give you a hint. It involves Interfacing. woo hoo. I know you are eager, but you will have to check back tomorrow to see what happens...until then happy sewing.

2 comments:

  1. LOL Of course you are making colors I love! I might have to sell alot of candles soon, so I can buy one! Sounds fun.....much more fun than all my laundry work, and cleaning over here. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those colors. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a southern woman with a country heart. I am fortunate to live in West Tennessee during the Summer months and South Florida in the Winter. My heart is in the simple life of country living. I look forward to Spring each year when I can return to cotton farming country of West Tennessee. My hobby and passion is sewing, quilting and creating art in pencil, ink and watercolor.