Sunday, January 10, 2010

Handbag Continued day 3


The cold weather continues but is expected to warm up soon. This is going to be a difficult year for the farmers in this area. I am anxious to return to work but, that may be a few more weeks, depending on how soon tax season picks-up or if it does at all. Until then, I will keep busy with my sewing projects. The good news is that I actually sold something on etsy and I managed to add two more items. Yeah. I have a friend coming over to sew on Friday which should be interesting. Not sure what we will tackle but I'm sure we will have fun. Today I worked on my hand bag project. For those interested, here is the next step in creating this lovely handbag: Adding Lightweight interfacing to various fabric pieces. A total of 14 pieces have lightweight interfacing. They include: Four handle strap pieces(right on pic), outside pocket (bottom). All of the lining pieces (light blue pieces) and the two outside, top piece where the zipper will be added later (top center). Next I will work on the Buckram and fleece interfacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a southern woman with a country heart. I am fortunate to live in West Tennessee during the Summer months and South Florida in the Winter. My heart is in the simple life of country living. I look forward to Spring each year when I can return to cotton farming country of West Tennessee. My hobby and passion is sewing, quilting and creating art in pencil, ink and watercolor.